Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Stand by your party

By Creature

This is what every member of the Democratic party should be saying loud and clear:

Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (N.Y.), a longtime supporter of Sen. Joseph I. Lieberman, said Tuesday that she will not back the Connecticut Democrat's bid for reelection if he loses their party's primary. [ . . . ]

"But I want to be clear that I will support the nominee chosen by Connecticut Democrats in their primary," Clinton added. "I believe in the Democratic Party, and I believe we must honor the decisions made by Democratic primary voters."

If only Sen. Lieberman would honor the decisions made by Democratic primary voters. Hillary gains a notch in my book because of this statement. I wonder if this is Peter Daou's influence at work.

(Cross-posted at State of the Day.)

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

  • I am rather troubled by the whole idea that a candidate can hedge his bets: OK, so I am running in this party's primary, but if I lose, I'll just run as an independent.

    Some states have "sore loser" laws that prevent this. If you lose a primary, go home. If you want to run as an independent, skip the primary. Seems reasonable to me.

    But as a non-Democrat who wants more multi-candidate/multi-party races and wants electoral reform on the agenda (to end the spoiler problem), I am kind of rooting for Lamont. And then for the Republicans to hold the Senate by one seat, thanks to beating a divided Democratic party in CT.

    By Blogger MSS, at 6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home