Thursday, October 26, 2006

Rush Limbaugh is an asshole (revisited)

By Michael J.W. Stickings

I want to direct you to two of the best posts I've ever read about Rush Limbaugh and everything he's about. And, really, about everything everyone like him is about, which is to say much of the Republican Party and the conservative movement today. The authors of the posts are Lance Mannion and Shakespeare's Sister.

Many of you, I'm sure, have already formed strong judgments about Rush. You either love him or hate him. (I'm assuming that most of you hate him. I like to think highly of my readers.) Nothing much comes as a surprise. Even attacking Michael J. Fox, claiming that he's faking the symptoms of Parkinson's (or that he didn't take his medication), isn't much of a surprise. That's just Rush for you. He's an asshole.

But I still recommend these two posts. A quote or two won't do them justice, but here's a preview:

Lance: "Although I'm sure he got a sadistic thrill out of mocking Fox, Fox doesn't matter to him as a person. Fox is just another obstacle to the one thing Limbaugh feels strongly about, which is as I said, that rich white guys like him should run the country and be allowed to do whatever they want."

Shakes: "Limbaugh is just one of many loathsome characters who have made names for themselves by treating politics as a game, a fun and profitable little pastime that has no real-world consequences—and the richer he gets, the more real a lack of consequences becomes for him."

Click on the links and read on.

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home