Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Gilmour's birthday

By Michael J.W. Stickings

It's Gabriel García Márquez's birthday today, and it's also David Gilmour's. I am, as some of you may know, a huge Pink Floyd fan -- and a huge David Gilmour fan. I saw him with Pink Floyd (but not, alas, Roger Waters) in Foxboro, Massachusetts back in 1994, and I saw him (with Richard Wright and his amazing band) here in Toronto last April. It doesn't get much better than Gilmour doing "Echoes," "Wish You Were Here," and "Comfortably Numb".

Happy Birthday, David!

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

6 Comments:

  • And, of course, as we all know, Gilmour's best solo ever was in "Dogs."

    By Blogger ., at 9:20 PM  

  • Happy Birthday. To put it simply, he is the best.
    Drop into my blog on birthday ecards for some beautiful e-greeting cards and other interesting info.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:57 AM  

  • Heh. I've been a Floyd fan since they started. I like David a lot but I love Waters. I've seen him a couple of times live and it was an amazing show.

    By Blogger Libby Spencer, at 7:36 AM  

  • Much like a divorce or other split, people pick sides. I always go Gilmour over Waters. Seemed like less of a dick, and I like the solo stuff better.

    Uncle Tupelo? I'm a Jay Farrar (now Son Volt) over Jeff Tweedy (Wilco) man.

    By Blogger Mr Furious, at 12:31 PM  

  • What, Michael, you're going to let that "Dogs" comment stand? Are you feeling okay?

    By Blogger ., at 5:43 PM  

  • cam balkon
    cam balkon

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home