Thursday, September 20, 2007

Like sugar to petulance

By Creature

Dear President Bush,

Let me begin by saying that you are the greatest president ever and it is my pleasure, as a citizen of the United States, to serve you in any way I can.

I am writing you because I have a really big, novel idea to run by you, and while I realize that what I am about to propose will require a really tough decision on your part, it is a decision that I assure you will be all yours. See, I was thinking, since Iraq has been such a success, and since history will clearly celebrate you as a hero for launching the war, freeing a people, and keeping America safe for years to come, maybe it's time to think of refocusing your steely, admirable, resolve toward bringing your glorious and unquestionably proper war to a close.

It's something to think about, but again, only when you are ready and all according to your own time line. Thank you for listening and thanks again for being a great leader.

-- Creature

[Why the sugar? Blumenthal will explain.]

(Cross-posted at State of the Day.)

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

  • People also demonized Reagan and Truman. Later on, history would vindicate them. This will happen with Bush as well.

    By Blogger TorchofLiberty, at 3:37 PM  

  • Don't hold your breath.

    By Blogger creature, at 7:32 PM  

  • Speaking as a non-citizen of the United States, I think this is a fantastic idea, Creature. I hope he follows your sound advice.

    But, alas, I think it's far more likely he'd pull a Chavez.

    By Blogger Michael J.W. Stickings, at 10:19 PM  

  • History has already damned Bush to hell, ToL. Sorry, but that's just the way it is.

    By Blogger Michael J.W. Stickings, at 10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home