Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Honesty on Leno: "It's much worse than the picture, the image we even have of Iraq."

By Michael J.W. Stickings

In case you missed it on Monday, a brutally honest answer from CBS News's Chief Foreign Correspondent Lara Logan to a blunt question from Jay Leno:

Leno: How are we doing?

Logan: We're doing extremely badly, from my point of view. I was asked if I felt any guilt for the fact that the world has an impression of the war in Iraq as being very bad and going very wrong. And I said I really don't because I can't imagine the last time anyone saw a dead American soldier. We've hidden that from view. Nobody knows what that looks like, and I've seen plenty of it. It's much worse than the picture, the image we even have of Iraq.

I'm sure Logan will be -- if she isn't already -- a key target of the right-wing smear machine,

(Via Think Progress.)

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

  • Logan's been attacked before. She's amazing, though, and as usual came off very well during her interview.

    By Blogger Batocchio, at 3:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home