Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Clemens and McCready; or, Rocket Roger and the teenage country music starlet

By Michael J.W. Stickings

An update to my post from last night, at the end of which I said I was looking forward to what McCready had to say about her relationship with Clemens. Well, here you go:

**********

From today's Daily News:

"I cannot refute anything in the story," a tearful but resolute McCready told the Daily News…

"Yes, I have known Roger Clemens for a long time," McCready said, reading from a prepared statement. "He's a kind and caring man. He's also a legendary athlete."

Well, okay, fine. Maybe he is "kind and caring," maybe he isn't. And he's certainly been one of the greatest pitchers ever -- though it's a bit early to start calling him a legend.

To get back to the matter at hand, though, have I mentioned she was 15 years old when the affair started?

Not good.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share