Friday, July 04, 2008

Bill Clinton 2.0

By Creature

Every time I invest even the slightest bit of hope in a politician I usually end up disappointed.

Barack Obama has proved no different.

With Obama's support for the flawed FISA bill still stuck in my craw, he's managed to add so many issues to my list of disappointments that my head, it spins. From his faith-based pander, his boggling rejection of a "mental distress" exception for late-term abortions, to his partial embrace of the death penalty and gun laws, it's clear we have the makings of a conservative in blue-covered clothing.

Welcome to Bill Clinton 2.0.

That being said, while I'm not quite ready to crawl into the comfy news-blackout-bunker I created after Bill disappointed me to no end in the 90s -- leading to me not only abstaining from voting in 1996, but then voting for Ralph Nader in 2000 -- I am ready to fluff the pillows, stock up on Three's Company DVDs, and prepare for my descent back into that information-free bunker. Well, either that or scream like hell and hold Obama's feet to the fire for as long as I must. But, honestly, I'm kind of tired of the screaming.

And, before you play the I-told-you-so card, I still believe Barack Obama's centrism is still light years ahead of Hillary Clinton's -- though, at least with Clinton, my disappointment would have been better anticipated.

(Cross-posted at State of the Day.)

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home