Friday, November 07, 2008

Le mot juste

By Capt. Fogg

A kind word turneth away wrath and saying just the right thing can create confidence. President-elect Barack Obama said all the right things and looked as presidential as anyone ever has in his first press conference this afternoon. Chris Matthews even had to admit that there was no sign of a "redistributive" mood in his tax plan although in fact there never was, and who could resist a smile when Obama compared himself to a mutt from the animal shelter?

This is a man confident in himself and who appears to be confident in his ability and confident in our country. It's in sharp contrast to the anonymous e-mail I got last night showing the Obama campaign logo as African tribesmen danced almost naked around a fire. So while I've come to feel that for once I voted for someone I believe in rather than the lesser of two evils; while I am at this moment as proud of the USA as I have been and more proud than I have been in many years, I'm beginning to daydream about blowing the heads off racists.

A Christian friend of mine once said that such people were ignorant and should be pitied. I know he's right, but it doesn't help. It only encourages them. So whoever you are "floridajoker" be aware that pity only makes my aim better.

(Cross-posted from Human Voices.)

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

  • Gee, I thought you'd be frothing at the mouth with fury that Obama may govern as a centrist . . . and send more troops to Afghanistan . . . Oh well, when you're in the tank, I guess you're just in the tank.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home