Monday, December 22, 2008

Biden tonight

By Michael J.W. Stickings

If you can tear yourself away from the Bears-Packers Windy City Deep Freeze Bowl this evening -- and I'll be watching strictly for fantasy purposes (if Donald Driver catches a couple of passes, I'll finish third in my league), flip over to CNN for Biden on Larry King (if you can stomach any Larry King at all -- I'm not sure I can). It's a substantive interview, if this CNN preview is any indication. Some of you may remember that I welcomed the Biden pick for veep, and it's good to hear that Obama is including him at the highest levels of decision-making. He won't be a Cheney, perhaps, but he should be one of the key figures in the Obama Administration. Notable here is his statement that U.S. combat troops will be out of Iraq "within the next two years." I'm less enthusiastic about redirecting combat troops to Afghanistan, but, then, that's the one area of Obama's foreign policy that has genuinely troubled me.

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

  • Worry about Canada's foreign policy and stay out of ours. Those of you on the kook fringe don't even approve of Afghanistan -- NUTTY!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home