Saturday, July 04, 2009

July 4, 2009

By Michael J.W. Stickings

I want to wish a very happy Fourth of July to all of you Americans out there -- and especially to my American co-bloggers (Americans make up the overwhelming bulk of The Reaction, even if I'm not one of them) and to my many American friends in the blogosphere. I hope you're having a wonderful day.

Without further ado, here's Jimi Hendrix performing "The Star-Spangled Banner" at Woodstock -- almost 40 years ago:

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

  • How apropos! Old enough to remember Woodstock, did you really have to remind me that it has been ... 40 years!

    By Blogger (O)CT(O)PUS, at 12:01 AM  

  • Well, it's a bit before my time -- a few years before I was born -- but it's still pretty amazing.

    By Blogger Michael J.W. Stickings, at 1:27 AM  

  • We were at a 4th of July party last night where there was wall to wall Sinatra. This is exactly the antidote I needed - thank you!

    By Blogger Capt. Fogg, at 1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home