Thursday, September 10, 2009

The morning after

By Creature

My post-speech healthcare speech reaction is similar to my pre. I'm very glad the president has not dropped his support for a public option. I wanted more, but the speech should be enough of a tell for progressives to keep fighting for it. I was impressed that Obama defended liberalism as well. As for his continued bipartisan shtick, it's clear Obama has been reading the polls. The people would like both parties on board. Absent that, the president's lip service to Republicans--well, that, and the despicable child-like GOP reaction, should be enough to bring a wavering public to his side.

Overall, the president did what he had to do. Now the question is whether the divided Democrats will play along? As of this morning, I think they will. But, as the speech fades, I fear the wavering Democrats may still choose fear over practical policy.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

  • Just to point out that Wilson has been a large recipient of funds from the drug, insurance and healthcare corporations - to the tune of about a quarter million.

    http://bit.ly/4wcjc4

    By Blogger Capt. Fogg, at 12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home