Friday, January 01, 2010

2010

Happy New Year, everyone, from all of us here at The Reaction.

It's hard to believe it's 2010. But I hope it's a good one.

Ten years ago, I celebrated the arrival of the new millennium in a small village in England. Right now, I'm in suburban Toronto. A lot has changed, and I can't help but welcome in the new year, and the new decade, by looking back at what the last year, and the last decade, brought. It's a time of newness, of hope, and also of reflection.

But not in a bad way. I am, at times like this, reminded of the lyrics to Pink Floyd's "Time," including these:

Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain.
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today.
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.

Well, time really does fly, as they say, and we're all getting older, and, yes, maybe I missed a starting gun or two along the way, but, even as I reflect, even as a certain melancholy washes over me, I cannot help but look around me with great happiness and contentment.

It's 2010. Crazy. Let's try to make the most of it.

All my love to my loved ones, to all my friends and family.

To everyone, take care out there.

-- Michael

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

  • Happy New Year to you, Michael, and to all here at The Reaction who blog and read.

    By Blogger creature, at 11:37 AM  

  • All the best to you and your family, Michael.

    By Blogger Fixer, at 12:23 PM  

  • Happy New Year to you and to all The Reaction crew

    By Blogger Capt. Fogg, at 11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home