Sunday, July 04, 2010

Independence Day 2010


I meant to post something earlier today, but it was a relaxing day full of soccer tournaments and pool-side barbeques with friends -- well, one of each, actually -- and I'm just now sitting down at the computer, with an eye on Halos-Royals on ESPN (which we get here on TSN). So it was a busy Fourth of July for me, even here in Canada, three days after our own national birthday celebration.

I want to wish a very happy Fourth of July to all my American friends and family, to my wonderful American co-bloggers and contributors, to my American friends throughout the blogosphere, and of course to all of our American readers.

As a subject of Her Majesty the Queen -- I'm British as well as Canadian -- my feelings on this day are, as you might expect, somewhat mixed. But we're past all that, aren't we? No hard feelings? Besides, I really do love America -- I wouldn't spend so much time writing about it if I didn't care.

Anyway, I hope you've all had a great day. Be safe out there.

-- Michael

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home