Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Facebook, Creep


I can't remember if I've ever posted a movie trailer here, but the full-length trailer for The Social Network, the David Fincher-directed film about Facebook (and founder Mark Zuckerberg) is brilliant, so much so that I'm actually quite excited about seeing the movie.

The music is the cover of Radiohead's "Creep," perhaps the band's best song, by Scala, a Belgian girls' choir, and the Kolacny brothers (Stijn conducting, Steven on the piano). It's a pretty amazing cover, and, needless to say, the trailer wouldn't be the same without it. Just consider the lyrics:

I don't care if it hurts,
I wanna have control.
I want a perfect body.
I want a perfect soul.

I want you to notice.
when I'm not around.
You're so fuckin' special.
I wish I was special.

But I'm a creep.
I'm a weirdo.
What the hell am I doin' here?
I don't belong here, ohhhh, ohhhh...

(By the way, check out Scala's other work. They do interesting covers of, for example, The Police's "Every Breath You Take," U2's "With or Without You," Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit," and the Red Hot Chili Peppers' "Under the Bridge.")

As for the movie, well, there's a lot of potential: Fincher's a really good director (Seven, Zodiac, Benjamin Button) and I really like Jesse Eisenberg, one of the stars of 2009 (Adventureland, Zombieland). And it could very well turn out to be one of the defining movies of our time, a movie about our time, and about our civilization, that captures the essence of who we are, for better and for worse. (Yes, I'm highly optimistic.)

Anyway, here it is. Enjoy.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

  • Love Fincher (and you forgot Fight Club, one great movie).

    By Blogger creature, at 1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home