Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Election hangover

By Creature

I'll take my happy in small doses this morning. I'm more than pleased that O’Donnell and Angle lost (and that Buck and Miller will most likely join them). I'm pleased that half the Blue Dog Dems are gone. Good riddance. And finally, that Andrew Cuomo will be my governor.

The sad, of course, is plentiful. The House led by Boehner. Ugh. No Feingold. Ugh. And, no Grayson. Ugh.

Overall I think letting the GOP/Fox etc. control the narrative, from day one, was a big problem. I think the optics around the passage of health care, not the actual bill, was a fatal wound as well. And, sure, an economy in the tank didn't help. That said, Dems still control the White House and the Senate so all hope is not lost.

The next few years will be interesting, for sure.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

  • It’s going to be hell! Mconell said the people dissed Obama and they are going to do what they want. If there is going to be any compromising it will come from the Democrats. Obama will compromise on the already compromised to shit but nothing of consequence will get done as Boehner will put forth shit Reid will not let through. The next two are going to be worse than the first two.

    By Blogger jmsjoin, at 4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home