Thursday, April 21, 2011

From Disney to normal


Well...

I'm back from vacation. I was at Disney World with my family for the past week.

Cynical though I may be, it was wonderful. It's a world without irony, a world of consumerism masquerading as hopes and dreams, a world that is certainly too "good" to be true, a world that is undeniably rigid and not a little fascist in its own way, but... you know what? I loved it. More for my children than for me, but I still had a great time. We stayed at a really nice Disney resort, ate at some super restaurants, and enjoyed ourselves far more than I expected going in.

But it was exhausting. An early-morning flight from Orlando brought us back to Toronto yesterday, and from 93 sunny degrees on Tuesday to darn near freezing here, and I need to readjust. It's awfully tiring, particularly when it's so hot, making your way around the different parks, with a lot of waiting in lines as well, trying to get on the big rides and make sure the kids get to meet as many characters as possible.

I hope to get back to blogging later today.

In the meantime, we've got some new posts going up for your reading pleasure today -- and I'd like to thank my great co-bloggers for keeping us going during my absence.

Oh, one more thing...

Have a magical day!


Labels:

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home