Saturday, June 11, 2011

Caution, naked German hikers ahead!



Time is reporting that Germany has opened "new nude-friendly nature trails."

And I say, good for Germany. I used to live there, for a few years as a teenager, and it's certainly the case that Germany has much more open and much, much healthier attitude towards nudity -- and towards sexuality generally -- than North America. There are nude beaches everywhere, and no one seems to mind. Because, really, what's the big deal?

I went with a friend once to a small lake near where I lived. Most of the people there were naked. Men, women, children --  yes, whole families where there. Sure, it was a bit of a shock, but whatever. I stayed in my swimming trunks, but the people there, basking in a certain wholesomeness, were comfortable and generally didn't care who wore what, if anything. I also remember that little excursion as one of my first, if not my very first, encounter with female beauty up close, when a rather attractive young woman, completely unclothed, floated by. I suppose it was a big deal to me, but, thankfully, in a good way.

Now, do you want to encounter less-than-attractive people hiking? Maybe not. So stay away, if you prefer. It's not about attractiveness anyway. It's about freedom.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

  • Hmm not ready for that. I don't even like seeing old men in their shorts and socks with sandals. Oh yeah and the printed shorts. Gawd forbid they take their shirt off in public. I've instructed my family to just take me out back and put me down if I ever choose that attire. lol

    By Anonymous Tim, at 12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home