Sunday, September 11, 2011

Keith Carradine's "I'm Easy" / Ron Nigrini's "Runaway Story"

Music on Sunday @ The Reaction


I was out the other night at a club. A friend of mine, who has played music professionally for over forty years, has an annual September gig at a venue in downtown Toronto called Hugh's Room. I usually try to make it. His name is Ron Nigrini.

In 1976, Ron had a Canadian hit with a song written by Keith Carradine for the movie Nashville. The song is called "I'm Easy." I suspect a lot of Americans will remember the Carradine version best, but it was a big deal for Ron north of the border around 1976. Both versions are great in their own ways. Needless to say, Ron sang his version last night to a very appreciative audience.

My co-blogger Michael mentioned that Nashville is one of his favourite movies, though he couldn't immediately place the song.

So for Michael, and anyone else who wants to listen to a first-class tune, here's Carradine singing "I'm Easy" as featured in the movie Nashville.

Below that, just for fun, is a performance by Ron of one of his own tunes called "Runaway Story," performed a couple of years ago at the aforementioned Hugh's Room. If you have some time, I encourage you to check out Ron, who is still writing and performing some great stuff.



(Cross-posted at Lippmann's Ghost.)

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

  • why can't i find Ron's version of I'm easy,on you tube any longer?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:05 PM  

  • I don't know. It's very much hit or miss. I saw Ron over the weekend and he said he was going to give me a video of a Hugh's Room gig. Maybe I could upload "I'm Easy."

    By Blogger Richard K. Barry, at 10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home