Saturday, October 29, 2011

Mitt Romney wasn't a global warming denier before he was



Mitt Romney in June (similar to the Mitt Romney of the past, if more wishy-washy):

I don't speak for the scientific community, of course, but I believe the world's getting warmer. I can't prove that, but I believe based on what I read that the world is getting warmer. And number two, I believe that humans contribute to that. I don't know how much our contribution is to that, because I know that there have been periods of greater heat and warmth in the past but I believe we contribute to that. And so I think it's important for us to reduce our emissions of pollutants and greenhouse gases that may well be significant contributors to the climate change and the global warming that you're seeing.

Mitt Romney on Thursday:

My view is that we don't know what's causing climate change on this planet. And the idea of spending trillions and trillions of dollars to try to reduce CO2 emissions is not the right course for us...

I think the EPA, acting in concert with the president, really doesn't like oil, gas, coal, and nuclear... I really do believe that the EPA wants to get its hands on all of energy and be able to crush it to cause prices to go through the roof... [T]he EPA should not be regulating carbon dioxide.

Which is the real Mitt Romney? Does it matter anymore? Does he even know who he is anymore?

How does he have any credibility left (even within his own party)? Because he certainly doesn't have any integrity. He's basically a business-oriented center-right technocrat who's now selling out to the far right (aka the GOP base). And he's completely shameless about it, now going so far as to embrace global warming denialism, rejecting the overwhelming scientific consensus and taking unsubstantiated partisan shots at the EPA, which of course one must do to get anywhere in the GOP.

What was that Jon Huntsman was saying about Romney being "a perfectly lubricated weathervane"?

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home