Saturday, December 03, 2011

The Cain campaign is apparently over. So long, Herm.


(Ed. note: See also my post on Cain's announcement here. -- MJWS)

Unlike some people, I have a lot of respect for the political process and for politicians. I would prefer that good candidates make themselves available. I recognize that the task is a difficult one, but I am pleased that so many good people still present themselves to the American public for approval.

It saddens me when so many fools show up, when so many unqualified candidates insist on embarrassing themselves and us by their antics and shameful pasts. 

Herman Cain, one of the bigger fools to grace the national stage in a long time, seems to have had enough, as The New York Times reports:

An unapologetic and defiant Herman Cain suspended his presidential campaign on Saturday, pledging that he "would not go away," even as he abandoned hope of winning the Republican nomination. Instead, Mr. Cain announced what he called a "Plan B," continued advocacy of his tax and foreign policy plans.

"As of today, with a lot of prayer and soul searching, I am suspending my presidential campaign," Mr. Cain said. "Because of the continued distractions, the continued hurt caused on me and my family, not because we are not fighters. Not because I'm not a fighter."

Herman, what happened here was done by you to yourself. What hurt came to your family is of your own doing. And I think Americans everywhere have heard enough about your tax policy an uninformed views on foreign affairs. Hell, I think you've proven yourself too stupid for Fox, and that's saying something.

It's over. Please don't come back.

(Cross-posted at Lippmann's Ghost.)

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home