Monday, April 23, 2012

Sen. Joe Lieberman is staying out of the 2012 presidential election

By Richard K. Barry

Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn) is taking his "independent" status seriously this presidential election season. He told Fox New Sunday that he was simply going to stay out of it.
I'm going to try something different this year. I'm going to try to stay out of this one.


You'll recall (how could you forget?) that Lieberman was Al Gore's running mate in 2000, and then supported Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz) in 2008. In fact, if we are to believe the depiction in Game Change, McCain really wanted him as his running mate.

Here's some of the rest of what Lieberman had to say:
I'm enjoying not being involved in the nastiness of campaigning in America these days. I think this year, when it comes to the presidential election, I'm just going to do what most Americans do: go in the voting booth on election day and in the privacy of the booth cast my vote.


I remember Lieberman speaking at the 2008 Republican convention in support of John McCain and Sarah Palin so, that's fine, Joe. Stay out of it this time and take Senator Manchin with you.

(Cross-posted at Lippmann's Ghost.)

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home