Thursday, June 28, 2012

Behind the Ad: Having fun at Scott Brown's expense


(Another installment in our "Behind the Ad" series.)


Where: Massachusetts.

What's going on: I almost feel sorry for Republican Senator Scott Brown, who is in a close race with Democratic challenger Elizabeth Warren. He made a silly comment in an interview about meeting with kings and queens as part of his political duties and now he is being made fun of. I hate to defend the man, but I understand his reference was clearly metaphorical, as in: "I meet with a lot of important people in my job as a U.S. senator."

But I guess in politics metaphors are not allowed. Everything is to be taken literally. How foolish. If I worked for the Massachusetts Democratic Party, I'd be embarrassed. And Rachel Maddow? Don't you have anything better to do with your airtime?

I guess there's something refreshing about the fact that Democrats can be stupid too.

I do like the music, though. Nice touch.

Here's the ad:


(Cross-posted at Lippmann's Ghost.)

Labels: , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home