Thursday, August 16, 2012

Shorter Rmoney: "We have nothing to hide, which is why we won't release our tax returns."


That, at least, is what the Spouse of Rmoney is saying.

Bullshit. That is damn near a Nixonian-type claim. Releasing lots of years worth of tax returns is a rite of passage for wannabee presidential candidates that goes all the way back to a guy named George W. Romney. If someone wants to keep that stuff private, then there is one thing they can do: not run for office.

So the allegations that, between 2004 and 2007, Romney invested in Soylent Kitty Ltd., a firm that planned to make protein crackers using the carcasses from high-kill animal shelters as a base source, will just have to stand.

(Cross-posted at Just an Earth-Bound Misfit, I.)

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

  • I love it.

    What a great idea for an ad.

    A quick sequence of clips of Romney repeatedly saying he's not going to release the mystery tax returns.

    And then a freeze-frame of him with voiceover Nixon, "I am not a crook."

    Wonderful!

    By Blogger Philo Vaihinger, at 12:38 PM  

  • I hope this article doesn't get too much attention--I fear many in the Romney campaign will think Soylent Kitty is an excellent investment opportunity.

    What most struck me about the Ann Romney interview was her sense of entitlement. Repulsive stuff.

    Last night, Lawrence O'Donnell suggested Romney wouldn't release his tax returns because he had received amnesty on some bit of felonious tax dodging. That wouldn't surprise me. But LO went on to say that if that came out the Republicans would not nominate him. I think this is wrong. The Republicans would rally around him and claim what he did was patriotic. It just isn't that far from, "If I paid more taxes than I owed, I would be unfit to be president." Again: repulsive.

    By Anonymous Frankly Curious, at 2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home