Thursday, November 22, 2012

(American) Thanksgiving 2012

By Michael J.W. Stickings

We had ours. Now, by all means, go have yours.

To my American friends and family, to all of you Americans out there, and especially to my American editors, co-bloggers, and contributors here at The Reaction, as well as to my many American friends and acquaintances throughout the blogosphere, I wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you're all having a wonderful day.


And as for football today -- Texans at Lions, Redskins at Cowboys, Patriots and Jets -- all I can say is that I despise all of those teams with the possible exception of the Texans. But those are all interesting and potentially entertaining matchups, and of course there's also fantasy, so I'll be cheering for Calvin Johnson, Matt Schaub, Stevan Ridley, Jason Hanson, and Houston's D.

And, as a Steelers fan, contemplating our prospects on Sunday against the Browns, including the odd, and somewhat depressing, thought of Charlie Batch throwing the ball to Plaxico Burress. Good times.

-- Michael

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

5 Comments:

  • Thanksgiving was great, though the football games were odd.

    By Blogger Richard K. Barry, at 11:46 PM  

  • Watching NBC's Buffalo affilate after the game... 10 minutes until Best Buy opens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    (Cut to Mitt Romney singing "America the Beautiful.")

    By Blogger Michael J.W. Stickings, at 11:50 PM  

  • "Black Friday has become Black Thursday," says the mindless reporter, who seems to be really happy interviewing crazed shoppers.

    Nope, nothing wrong with any of this. It's all good.

    By Blogger Michael J.W. Stickings, at 11:52 PM  

  • Maybe John Mellencamp could write a song about it.

    By Blogger Richard K. Barry, at 11:58 PM  

  • "I was taught to find bargains in a small town..."

    "I was taught to trample Wal-Mart employees in a small town..."

    By Blogger Michael J.W. Stickings, at 12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home