Friday, December 21, 2012

21 December 2012

By Frank Moraes

This is a little early. NASA means to put out the video below on 22 December 2012, tomorrow. They want to be there to explain why the world did not end. Even though it has not yet not ended. If you know what I mean.

My friend Toni asked me what I was planning on doing for the end of the world. I told her I would stay in and watch some comedies. I would definitely want to to see a few films again: Animal Crackers, The In-Laws, His Girl Friday. But if I really thought the world was coming to an end: I'd be frantically looking for a painless way to kill myself. I'm assuming here that we would be killed by an asteroid and that it would result in being burned alive. I don't want to be around for that.

Luckily, the odds are that I'm not going to burn to death. What's more, it almost certainly won't happen tomorrow. So part of how I am spending my day is watching this video. According to it, the Mayan calendar is supposed to be cyclical like a car's odometer. After you get to 999, it goes back to 000. All of my cars have managed this transition without exploding or even being hit by an asteroid, much less being engulfed by a huge solar flare.


(Cross-posted at Frankly Curious.)

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home